Saturday, April 20, 2013

19-04-2013

Finally we had a short meetup session with the ITE kakis. Having a dinner together and a short drinking session.

Its been more den a month since we have meetup as the last meetup is during one of our fren's wedding dinner.

A meetup session between friends os always nice as we tend to update each other on what have happened during the period that we did not meet up.

For me, I told my frenz about my South Korea trip, one of them talked about his plan for a special occasion, one of them talked about work and one of them tslked about his girlfriend.

And here the conversation officially started.

As all of us only either saw his girlfriend once or didn't even see her before. So we're very concerned about their progress.

Having being together for a few months already, everything seems to be going smoothly for them. Having meals together frequently, working at the same place and going overseas together for a few times.

But all these is what we've been thinking as our friend will normally ignore us when he's in a relationship, so actuallynwe're quite used to it already.

But after having the Q&A session with him. We found out that actually he is having quite alot of pressure from this relationship. Physically, mentally and financially.

Having an age gap of 6 or 7 years old between them, both of them tend to have different thinking and different opinions in things they see and they do. And when the girl's position at work is higher den my friend, which doesn't improve to the situation.

My friend told us that his girlfriend hope that he can continue his part-time degree so that it will help towarda hom climbing to a higher position at his workplace.

Of course its good if my fren gets his degree. It will improve his payslip and the stability of his job. But all these requires time and money.

Studying part time in Singapore is definitely not something cheap and it'll easily require 3 to 5 years to complete it if everything goes smooth. If it takes 3 years, my fren will be 33 and if it takes 5 yrs, my fren will be 35. What if my fren cannot make it, the time and money poured in will be down the drain.

My friend owns a car and so naturally he'll send his girlfriend back home and den go home. This may sound normal but actually its not on the way for my friend. Their workplace is at Queenstown. My friend stays Clementi and his girlfroend stays near the Geylang area.

Its actually like travelling double for my fren. The extra petrol required and the ERP needed to pay daily accumulates up to quite an amount.

And most of the time when they go for meals, my friend is the one paying. This is something common as most of the time the guy will pay for the meal.

But as a girlfriend, do also try to help and understand mah. My friend position at the workplace is lower den u so obviously his salary is definitely lesser den u.

If before you guys got together you can travel by public transport, I dun see why u can't do it now. You may say that my friend insist in sending you home but YOU also can insist in rejecting his insist mah.

If you guys want to be together, there muz be mutual understanding between both of you. My fren can save up the money for the future of the both of you.

And since you know he's earning less den you so what you can do is contribute sometimes for meals together or something. Being the boyfriend doesn't mean he has to pay for everything.

Don't give the excuse of he insisted or guys should pay for it. So when happy both happy but when suffer only one suffer ?

Be understanding abit. This world is everything for themself. You may be young, you still have alot of chances in everything but my friend is already hitting 30 years old. If you're serious about this relationship, please understand and di not place your eyes so high and have expectations as high as where the skies are.

Nothing much for me to say and do also. The decision lies in the both of them. At the end of the day I'm juz a person that happened to walk into the path of their lives which can be erased easily from the memories of everyone.

No comments: