Saturday, April 06, 2013

06/04/2013

Its been a few weeks since I've updated. Kinda busy nowadays.

Well, I'm back safe and sound from South Korea !

Finally I've been to South Korea, the land of Girls Generation, T-ara, Apink and BoA !

Its the first time I've gone overseas with frenz and not with my bosses and colleagues as the previous trips are all with them.

South Korea is actually the last country in my wanna visit list as I've been to Hongkong, Taipei and Japan.

All these while to me, travelling seems like something which is near impossible for me to do due to my illness which I have to bring more things with me den a normal healthy person.

Because of these reasons, I find travelling a very turn off thing coz it will cause inconvinence to the people whom I'm travelling with.

But I'm very glad that all the people I've travelled with are very nice and understanding, always asking me is everything ok during the trip.

When I was young, I only get to know about other countries through watching variety shows, watching dramas and of course through the internet.

I never have the thought of travelling overseas when young due to all the travelling expenses like Airfare, Lodging and of course spending at that country. All these can easily add up to $2000 or more depends on the country.

$2000 may not seem to be a big amount to alot of people but $2000 may also seem to be a big amount to people also.

Like for myself, I do not really spend alot daily on things like gadgets or toys but I do spend quite alot on my meals which can easily hit $20 a day.

One thing that turns me off about travelling is that in my case, I have a savings account that I'll save $300 every month so that I could have some cash when I really do need it urgently.

Like for example, this trip to South Korea. The airfare is $850 and lodging adds up to around $350 which in total is $1200, and this doesn't include the money that I've spend there.

All these will add up to near $2000 like what I've said earlier. I will need like 7 months to be able to save up to this amount. And for a 5 day holiday, this amount of money in my bank is gone.

For me it requires 7 months to save up this amount, but to some other people who are earning lesser den me, they will need an even longer period to save up.

But I firmly believe that everyone should have their chance to travel to a country that they really wanted.

When I was small, I always wanted to go Japan as I'm attracted to the games, animes and mangas produced from the country.

When I hit my teens, I wanted to visit Hongkong due to the idolising of Andy Lau and Aaron Kwok.

When I grew even older, Taipei became the country I wanted to go due to all the Taiwan variety shows and dramas ehich always showed good food of Taiwan.

It may sound like a luxury that not everybody can afford to have, but travelling and looking at the real thing us definitely better den only looking at them through the tv and magazines.

The next post I'll be back with my experience on South Korea !

No comments: