Monday, March 17, 2014

16-03-2014

Already midweek of March and very soon we'll be heading to the 2nd quarter of 2014.

Work has been ok for me, slowly adapting to everything. Workload is still quite average for me as the official jobscope for me is still not set yet so now I'm doing whatever the bosses ask me to do and they let me do whatever I want when it's free time for me.

Nothing to talk about health related this time round coz I've not gone for my medical appointments which falls on June and August so everything is well now I hope, living everyday like normal.

That day I was meeting up with my NS buddies as it's been a long time since we've meet up.

We were chatting about life and we said that we're stuck at the era now that the economy is growing in our country. Everything is going up for our lives financially but our salary is still stagnant.

Our parents they work hard during their era and they got repaid in a good way as during their time houses and cars are affordable. Everything during that era is at an affordable price.

And for the future generation after us, they will be able to adapt to it as they are born in the expensive era and everything will be adjusted. Their salary will definitely be adjusted to the way of living in the future and so they will not be suffering.

Now our era is at the time everything is increasing. Our value of flats is definitely crazy. I stay at the Tiong Bahru area and a normal small 3 room flat will cost me like 380k which is damm expensive. Not to say 4room flats at 550k and 5room flats at 700k.

For an average working personnel like me who earns like 2k per month, it's impossible for me to be able to own a flat. If I own a flat I'll be like in debt for the next 30 years which god knows whether I'll be still alive or not.

If I happen to get married and have a family with a kid, the expenses will be sky soaring as baby needs are damm expensive now. A Can of milk powder can easily costs you $70 and it'll just be able to feed your baby for like maximum 2 weeks. Not to say diapers and medical appointments for the baby which will add up to a few hundred dollars per month.

And when you have a family, you'll definitely need a bigger flat and to some, a car. Now a car like a Honda Fit can easily cost us 140k, and Honda Fit is considered a small car already. So if now I buy a 4room flat and a Honda Fit, I'll be easily in a debt of 500k which god knows when the fuck I'll be able to repay all the loans I'll have, which I haven't include all the daily expenses.

So we were saying that we were trapped in this era of growing economy which is becoming a liability to this current generation which we have to slog out our lives working and working so that we can just manage to repay our debts for our whole life to be able to provide a better life for our next generation.

I duno whether to say that we are unlucky to be living in this era or lucky that we are living in this world of growing economy

No comments: