Sunday, October 25, 2015

25-10-15

Today is truly a boring sunday at work, as reluctantly as I want to come to work as its the SF5 beta today with all the characters usable except for Zangief and Laura, I should still be responsible for my work and put in my very best, but its really too damm boring already.

This weekend is the 2nd beta for Street Fighter 5. As all my frenz know me, I'm a bery huge fan of foghting games and fighting game music. And Street Fighter 5 is like the next biggest fighting game, of course I am excited !

People will ask why do I like fighting games. The general people who doesn't play fighting games frequently will feel that fighting games are just simple, its just to KO the opponent.

Yes, KOing the opponent is of course the main objective of the game, but its not as simple as u think.

Fighting games, in my opinion, requires a very high level of reading your opponent and mindgames, coz within a specific time range, u need to inflict damage on his character in order to get the win.

Every second, every moment is a very important thing. Just maybe a slight mistake will cost you your game, which we always call it a comeback.

And of course, when I talk about mindgames, its like how u inject what u are gonna do to ur opponent so that they will try to guess and predict what you are gonna do, but instead u do something else and which in turn u can deal them damage and fucked their thinking up.

Let me just give a very simple example of what you can do.

When I knock you down with a throw, you'll be on the ground and when you're about to wake up, u see me walk back and walk towards you, at this time, there are a couple of things I can do. As I use my main character as Yang, I will state the possibilities I will do.

1. I can put u in pressure by doing a few light punches on u which if you block, i can apply the pressure to make you block and push you nearer to the corner. If you get hit, I can just extend and apply a combo on you.

2. I can just walk up and do a throw on u, which knocks you down again and this will start the guessing wake up game again as I can do the same thing again.

3. Maybe you will guess that I will do a throw so that you will do a tech-throw on me but instead I do a DP on u which you will get hit or I can do a stand mp on you which will mostly result in a counter-hit which will allow me to do a combo on you, WHICH will result in you getting knocked down, WHICH will put u in the same situation AGAIN .

4. I can proceed to do a meaty overhead attack which is safe on block so that even if you blocked it, nothing will happen to me. But if you got hit by the meaty overhead, I will be able to extend it by doing a combo on u, WHICH in the end, you got it correct, put you into yet, the same wakeup guessing game situation again.

Look, this is just a normal senario of your character being knocked down by my combo, but the followup of what I'm going do is so hard to be predicted and this is just a basic gameplan or what we call "setup" of the situation.

Just because of a knocked down attack can lead to so many situations, which to get out of it, sometimes will require luck, skill, judgement and decision making to get out of the situation.

Thats why I like fighting games, so simple yet so complicated

No comments: