Friday, March 03, 2006

Career Fair At Suntec City

Went To The Career Fair At Suntec With Joshua, Yean, James And Shawn. Actually I Also Dunno Why They Wanna Go To The Career Fair. But Nvm Lah, It's Also Considered A Gathering Since The Last Time I Saw Them Is Like Few Weeks Ago.

Went There And Walk Around. Actually It's Around The Same As Last Year's One. Not Much Difference. Still The Education Part Is More Than The Job Part. Alot Of Booths For People Who Wanna Further Their Studies Like SIM, MDIS, SMU, NTU, NUS, And Alot More Those You Need To Go Overseas One.

Actually I Was Thinking Of Continuing My Studies Lah. But With The Lazy Character I Have, Most Probably I'll Be Sacked By The School Due To Either Low Attendance Or "SUPERB" Results. So I Think I Should Drop The Idea Bah.

I Walked Around Looking For Jobs Den I Walked Past The SAFRA Radio Booth Which I Took Their Brochure( Dunno How To Spell So I Agar Agar. You All Should Know What I'm Referring To). I Took A Look At It And I Found A Job I'm Interested In. Details Below.

Broadcast Journalist For News Or Sports.

Jobscope
  • Gather And Report Daily News Bulletins Covering Defence, News & Sports Information On-Air
  • Source And Write Stories For Radio Bulletins
  • Be Accountable For The Quality & Context Of News And Sports Information

Personal Qualities

  • Good Knowledge And Keen Interest In Current Affairs
  • Confident, Self-Driven, Independent And Has Initiative
  • Able To Meet Tight Deadlines And Take On Shift Duties
  • Writes Well And Able To Work Under Pressure

Entry Requirements

  • At Least 1 year Of Experience In Journalism Or Related Field
  • Diploma Or Degree In Macc Communications, Journalism, Arts or Political Science
  • Effectively Bilingual ( English And Mandarin )
  • Experience In The SAF/MINDEF In An Advantage

After Looking At All Those. I Can Try To Gather Reports Of News Coz There Is This Thing Call Newspaper Lah. Mostly Radio Also Read Newspaper Liao Den Read Out Mah. Only That Must Summarise Lah. I Can't Really Write Well Unless It's Soccer Related Lah.

I Dun Really Have Good Knowledge And Keen Interest in Current Affairs. I Mostly Read Newspaper When I'm Bored And I Dun Do It Daily. I Only Read Soccer News Daily.Shift Duties Is Definitely Not A Problem Lah But Working Under Pressure I'm Not Sure Coz Until Now All My Jobs All Boh Pressure One.

Lastly The Entry Requirements. All Cannot Make It. I Only Got An ITE Cert In Mechanical Engineering And I DON'T Have Any Experience In Journalism. I Admit I'm Good In Mandarin And Dialect But English.......... A D7 For 'O' Levels Should Explain Everything Bah.

Damm Cock Sia. This Shows That In This Society, Sometimes You Are Not Really Able To Do Something That You Like Lor. Actually I Like To Work Those Retail Sales Job Lah, Coz They Are No Brainer Jobs. If Can Choose Hor, Actually I Wanna Be Those News Reporter Or Something. Their Life Like Sibei Exciting. Where Got Dua Daiji Den Can Go There.

But Nevermind. Coz We Went Quite Late Like 7pm And The Fair Closes At 8pm. So Not Much Time To Walk Around. But I'll Be Going With My ITE Frenz On Saturday To Take A Look Again And Maybe Have A More Thorough Look At All The Jobs.

1 comment:

juz_A_ga| said...

eh. I study mass comm one lehz. did a couple of months of journalism for the school paper. I'm bilingual. No experience in SAF/MINDEF but my company very linnked to them.

BUT!

- I realised that reporting on air is not easy when I took the radio journalism module.
- There is ALOT of other shit you need to do that is not stated there. Join already then say one. (just like any other job actually)
- I know nuts about sports. Once upon a time not too long ago I still watch F1 faithfully. Dunno why i stopped.

Journalist quite no life one. Forever on the ball. Forever on call. Unless want to sell yourself to the media, don't go into it as a front line player. :O)

Plenty of other jobs you can get i'm sure!